Fruity Sunday! -POMEGRANATE
We love fruits because they are super delicious and full of vitamins and minerals that are vital for the health and maintenance of our bodies. Therefore, we're going to star one yummy fruity on Sundays. Make sure to check our posts and stock up on these delicious fruits when you head out to the farmer's market on Sundays! Pomegranates are antioxidant-rich superfood and they are the first on our list of #fruitysunday favorites and here's why:
1. Anti-inflammatory: protects against cancer and other chronic diseases.
2. Anti-angiogenic: prevents tumors from acquiring blood supply and nutrients that would allow them to grow larger.
3. Natural aromatase inhibitors: this is important! It inhibits the production of estrogen which can reduce the risk of break cancer.
4. Studies have shown that pomegranate may help fight against prostate cancer by slowing down the PSA in blood cell.
5. Help prevent fatty deposits from building up in our arteries that would eventually cause high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart attack, and congestive heart failure. Fill up your shopping bag with this red antioxidant-rich superfood!
You can eat them fresh or make pomegranate juice or pomegranate tea with them. (or if you can't find them, you can get the POM WONDERFUL juice at your local grocery stores @pomwonderful)