Happy Veggie Thursday! - Carrots
Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and ZERO cholesterol, but today we're going to talk about CARROT! Read on if you're wondering why carrot is perfect for dinner tonight!
1. Reduce cholesterol & prevent heart attacks
2. Lower blood pressure & increase blood circulation: Potassium is a vasodilator that can relax the tension in blood vessels and arteries
3. Immune Booster: antiseptic and antibacterial, rich source of vitamin C to stimulate the activity of white blood cells
4.Prevent Cancer: Beta-carotene helps reduce the risk of several cancers, notably lung cancer, colon cancer, and breast cancer.
5. Vision Booster: Beta-carotene helps lower risk of eye disease by 40%
6.Stroke: Eating a carrot every day reduces the risk of stroke by 68%
7. Diabetes: Carotenoids helps with blood sugar regulation.
We love to eat crunchy raw baby carrots by itself or with a side of hummus dip. They are perfect in stir-fry vegetables, they are sweet in vegetable soups, you can even juice them for carrot juice. (Which we love!)
Let us know if you want to learn more about other great veggies or give us a suggestion! Going vegan is easy peace-y. 💚✌️ #govegan #carrot #veggiethursday #happyveggiethursday