Fruity Sunday! - Raspberries
We love fruits because they are super delicious and full of vitamins and minerals that are vital for the health and maintenance of our bodies. That's why we're starring one yummy fruity on Sundays. Make sure to check our posts and stock up on these delicious fruits when you head out to the farmer's market on Sundays!
Raspberries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber and they have made it on our list of #fruitysunday favorites, let us tell you why:
1. Helps to lose weight: it is high in dietary fiber and manganese, it helps to slow down digestive process so you will feel full for longer; manganese keeps to keep metabolic rate high and burns fat.
2. Reduces wrinkles: the antioxidant powers of vitamin C effectively reduce wrinkles and age spots.
3. Prevents cancer: antioxidant ellagic acid in raspberries helps stop damage to cell membranes by neutralizing free radicals.
4. Prevents infections: the anthocyanins of raspberries helps to cut down the overgrowth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body.
5. Strengthens immune system: phytonutrients reinforce your immune system and help your body to fight disease.
6. Prevents macular degeneration (loss of vision due to damage to the retina)
Fill up your shopping bag with this red antioxidant-rich raspberries! You can eat them fresh or make smoothies, sorbet, raspberry lemonade, or raspberry pie. (if you can't find them fresh they are usually available in your local supermarket's frozen fruit section)