Happy Veggie Thursday! - Kale
If your mother was anything like ours, she would always say "eat your vegetables!". For some of us, it's not until we're older when we realize she was right! (btw, mothers are always right!😉)
Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories and ZERO cholesterol, but today we're going to talk about KALE! Read on if you're looking to shed away that love handle.
1. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has ZERO fat!
2. Kale is high in iron, even more than beef per calorie!
3. Kale is high in Vitamin K, which helps people suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants.
5. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory food, helps fight against arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders.
6. Kale is great for cardiovascular support, it helps lower cholesterol levels.
7. Kale is high in Vitamin A, helps to prevent lung and oral cavity cancers.
8. Kale is high in Vitamin C, improves the immune system, metabolism, and hydration.
9. Kale is high in calcium, even more calcium than milk per calorie! (not milk!)
10. Kale is filled with fiber and sulfur, a great detox food!
Put some kale in the juicer in the morning, chop up some kale in your lunch salad, or make our favorite snack, kale chips with nutritional yeast! Let us know if you want to learn more about other great veggies or give us a suggestion! Going vegan is easy peace-y. 💚✌️